Friends of the Festival
The Morgenland Festival Osnabrück is defined by the idea of appreciation for the cultural impulses from the Occident and Orient.
Become a member
A platform has arisen since 2005 where those similarities can be discovered, differences recognized, and alienness over come; and, where an open dialogue can be conducted with mutual respect and acceptance.
The Morgenland Festival Osnabrück has established itself not only in Osnabrück, but has risen to become one of the most notable music festivals internationally. The "Society of Friends (of the) Morgenland Festival Osnabrück" was founded in 2009 on the initiative of interested citizens of Osnabrück. Its aims are to support the Festival through associated activities and to raise the consciousness of the citizens of Osnabrück-City of Peace regarding them.
Those aims are achieved by publishing various writings, sponsoring and showing films, holding events on current social and political situations, visiting exhibits, attending rehearsals, and the like. The society’s non-profit status makes possible the acquisition of funding for further projects that helps make the complex environment of cultural exchange within the context of the Morgenland Festival Osnabrück easier to understand.
Previous Activities of the Society
- Documentation of 4 Years of the Morgenland Festival Osnabrück, Illustrated Book: Background Information, Four Languages, including DVD and CD. Generously supported by the Stahlwerk Foundation Georgsmarienhütte.
- Film "Eastern Voices": A film by Frank Scheffer and Günter Wallbrecht. Documentation of the Morgenland Festival Osnabrück in 2009, 50 minutes. Published by EuroArts. Made possible through the generous support of the Verkehrsverein Osnabrück.
- Trip to Damascus in 2010.
- Documentation of 10 Years of the Morgenland Festival Osnabrück, Illustrated Book. With kind support from the Niedersachsen Foundation, Stahlwerk Georgsmarienhütte Foundation, Verkehrsverband Osnabrücker Land.
- Special Concerts with Narek Hakhnazaryan, Kinan Azmeh, Dima Orsho, Kai Wessel, Rabih Lahoud, Florian Weber, Anna-Lena Schnabel, Moslem Rahal, the Osnabrück Youth Choir, and many others.
- Morgenland Academies 2015-2023: Multi-day intercultural music workshop for young musicians at Fattoria Musica. Made possible by the Friedel & Gisela Bohnenkamp Foundation, Stahlwerk Georgsmarienhütte Foundation, Niedersachsen Foundation, Alfried Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach Foundation, Klosterkammer Hannover and Landschaftsverband Osnabrücker Land e.V.
- Documentation of 10 Years of the Morgenland Festival Osnabrück, Illustrated Book.
- Additional concerts.
Become a member, be a part of this exciting and important process of culture exchange.